Main research questions are:
1) Determine the extent of oil palm research on biodiversity and conservation;
2) summarize the impacts of oil palm on land use and biodiversity;
3) provide an outlook for oil palm expansion;
4) describe relevant biodiversity conservation strategies that are being followed to mitigate impacts from oil palm;
5) propose future research for development of best management practices by government and businesses to alleviate the impacts of oil palm on Colombia’s biodiversity.